Sunday, April 19, 2009

If I were the boss...

If I were the boss...


I would ensure that everyone is treated fairly, regardless of race or gender.
Showing initiative would be rewarded.
Everyone would have an equal fighting chance to better their positions in the company.
I would not tolerate tardiness in terms of people arriving late for work, if they are late they have to provide a good excuse as to why.
I would not tolerate laziness. There are plenty of people out there wanting that very job.
I would encourage creativity in all employees.
Before making decisions that would affect the individuals in the organisation, I would discuss issues with them first and here their view points on those issues.
There would be very limited smoke breaks. Going to the restroom would not count as a smoke break. It wastes valuable time that could have been spent more productively.
I would encourage all employees to get to know each other, therefore creating a family environment.
I would organise for each employee to go on various courses to further their knowledge in their field and to learn what is new out there in the respective fields.
Every year there would be 2 "family" days where we would all get together at a venue for a fun-filled family day.
I would get to know each employee by name and find out more about them. I would show an interest in them and their lives.
I would fire employees that have been unproductive for a number of months due to laziness.
Each employee would receive a little gift from the company on their birthdays.
My door would always be open to anyone who has any problems or queries.
Putting in the extra effort and always going the extra mile would be acknowledged and would be rewarded.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it seems to me our B.Tech group are just great, we all want to be a great boss and change the way things are. I can't wait to be a boss. Just to have that power...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You a very stern and serious boss lady. However, if thats what it takes to get the work done then so be it.

    ReplyDelete