Thursday, October 22, 2009

Student life is coming to an end...

For most of my life, all I've known is "student life". Attending school, attending lectures, that's all I've known.
As I sit here and think about my last few days of being a student, I'm saddened, but excited for what lies ahead.
These are exciting times for us now. For once in my life I do not know where I'm going to end up or what I'm going to do.

Being a student, one lives a farely carefree life, attending classes, attending parties, and generally having a good time. Yes, the studying for tests sucks, but once it's gone, we'll be wishing we had these studying days back.

The world is a scary place, and with the economic crisis, one can only be grateful if they get a job.

I recently attended the Graduation Dance of the BTech Education students. We received this poem that I now pass on to my fellow BTech PR Management collegues.

"Graduation Friendship"

We're graduating, and we know
Our lives will be different and new,
We're going out into the world,
Our goals and dreams to pursue.
But one thing will never, ever change,
As we go our seperate ways,
The friends we've made at CPUT will be
Our friends for all our days.
The special ties and attachments we've made,
These bonds will never be broken,
We'll continue to feel that special bond,
Though words may not be spoken.
So it's not "goodbye", but rather "farewell",
I'll see you again, my friend,
Your friendship means a lot to me,
And will never end.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still a student and your post made me think about MY last day as a student and what I'd feel like. Love the post.
    Came across your blog when I googled the quote: ""In order to make a difference all you
    need to do is start." - N. Manganyi

    ReplyDelete