Sunday, October 25, 2009

“Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when you only have one idea”

An idea is just whatever is before the mind when one thinks. Very often, ideas are interpreted as representational images, such as images of some object. In other contexts, ideas are taken to be concepts. Many philosophers consider ideas to be a fundamental category of being.
The capacity to
create and understand the meaning of ideas is considered to be an essential and defining feature of human beings.
An idea arises in a reflex, spontaneous manner, even without thinking or serious
reflection.

Alain stated that, “Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when you only have one idea”. By this he means it is safer to have more than just one idea, otherwise one is forced to only try that idea. What happens if that idea isn't successful? Then what?

As I start moving closer and closer to my final days of being a student, it is killing me not knowing where I'm going to end up or what I am going to be doing. I have a few ideas as to which categories/lines of public relations I would like to go into at least, but that's about it.

There is a saying "failure to plan is planning to fail". This is true is some cases, but when it comes to not knowing what the future holds, it's a whole different ball game. One can only hope and pray they get a job they are really interested in, otherwise the only planning one could do is sending in CV's.

So what lies ahead? No one knows. I only know it's scary, yet exciting at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment