Thursday, September 10, 2009

What motivates me...

Motivation can be defined as the activation of goal-oriented behaviour.

The task at hand will determine the amount of motivation a person has for it. If it is a task people enjoy doing, they won't need as much motivation to do it. If it is a task that people generally don't like doing, they try and put it off as they are not motivated to do it.

I, myself, hate studying. When it comes to tests, I want to smack the lecturer that gave it to us. Nothing could be more boring than studying hours on end just to get to class in as a nervous stress-ball.
Assignments are also not high on the list when it comes to being motivated. But I generally like to start them early so that I don't stress as much and can breathe at the end of it. Not having that extra stress of the-night-before motivates me to start the assignments early.

What motivates me to get out of bed in the morning is coffee and a nice bowl of yummy oats,syrup and cinnamon. Tastes like a donut...YUM.

When it comes to doing my workouts, what motivates me is having my "ME" time. When I do my workout and go for my walk, I forget about everything around me and just clear my mind. It helps to destress to.

Each and everyone is different, therefore some may need more motivation to do a task than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment