Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Don't Need...

Recently a friend of mine asked me how do I get over break-ups so quickly and gracefully. The truth is when I go through break-ups I am a complete mess inside, but somehow I hide it well on the outside.

We go through stages of depression and feeling lonely, but recently I decided I would do things differently and instead of moping, I would put more effort into friendships that I hadn't before and adopt a positive attitude.

This decision to be positive and to spend more time with friends having a good time has really helped the healing process. I recommend everyone tries it!

I also turn to poetry that people have written for inspiration.
I recently stumbled apon a poem that reminded me of a friend that is going through what I did.
It is titled "I Don't Need" by Niketa Jones:

I don't need a man
To happy me
I don't need a man
To make my life Complete
All I need Is to be loved by someone
Who really cares
There are feelings I have
Inside but they just
Won't go away so until then
I don't need a man
To make me happy
I don't need a man to
Make my life complete

No comments:

Post a Comment